From GOLF Magazine ClubTest 2012 (June, 2012)
Category: High-MOI Mallet Putters
WE TESTED: 35” shaft length
KEY TECHNOLOGIES: The aluminum body combines with a pair of tungsten sole weights (50 grams each) to provide consistent, stable performance on misses. A removable weight in the rear of the sole can be used to match head weight to shaft length.
OUR TESTERS SAY: Good option for those who struggle to get the ball rolling. Works well on slower greens and for players seeking more forgiveness.
DISTANCE CONTROL: Forgives mis-hits off the toe and heel—can miss it all over the face and the ball just goes and goes; long putts rarely finish short of the hole.
FEEL: Heavyish putter is light on the touch, delivering a soft, muted thump on center hits; head is sturdy on misses.
LOOK: The large white head and black face insert stand out from the crowd; two bold black lines on the back flange frame the ball and guide the putter toward the target.
A small minority finds that putts can jump off the face from time to time, making it hard to control speeds consistently; a few testers would like to get more sensitivity and feedback on poorly struck putts.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Club Campestre: The Mexican Course That Survived The Cartels
- PGA Tour Confidential: What To Expect From Tiger in 2014
- Blair O'Neal: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Bubba: Why You Shouldn't Practice
- Old Tom Morris, New Style Icon?
- Holly Sonders: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Natalie Gulbis: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- PGA Tour Power Tip: Use Your Hips Like Harris English
- Anna Rawson: The Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Who's The Best Player Right Now?
- Better By Saturday: Lou Guzzi's Chopping Wood Drill
- How To Add Freedom To Your Swing For Better Ball-Striking